Allergies, Colds, Flu and COVID-19: Prepare yourself and your loved ones.
While temperatures start to drop we start to see a rise in what we call the ‘sick season’. Fall typically marks the start of cold and flu season, and with it come all the problems of being sick. Not only for you, but for your family as well. With the current state of our communities and the world we have to prepare ourselves and our loved ones what lies ahead. In 2020, and especially in California extreme air quality, allergies, colds, flu, and COVID-19 are all waiting for us as we close out this impossible year.
Runny noses, coughs, sore throats, and body aches are common symptoms that are worrisome on their own pre COVID-19. Yet with the emergence of the pandemic, we are entering a ‘super sick season’ where simple symptoms could be much more than they appear.
These numbers are scary and if you’ve postponed your usual health routine and check-ups, it’s the time to get on top of your own healthcare starting with prevention.
Here are a few steps to improve your chances of preventing becoming sick while staying healthy, even during a ‘super’ sick season.
- Establish a relationship with a primary care provider before you get sick
- Keep your vaccinations up to date
- Nip seasonal allergies in the bud early on by preventing them before they happen
- Maintain social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands
- Pay attention to your symptoms and know the red flags for COVID-19
- Have a working thermometer handy (Checking your temperature is a good place to start and helps distinguish allergies from an infection if you’re feeling unwell).
- Get acquainted with online tools to help and work for you (Many medical offices now have links online to help you sign up for a Telehealth appointment).
Products recommended for preparing for sick season.
- Umcka Elderberry Liquid
- Ultra C Vitamin C
- Silver Solution
- Silver Gel
- ACS Silver Nasal Spray
- Intramaxx All in 1 Liquid Vitamin
- Vitamin D
All of these products can be found here at Script Pharmacy and if there are any questions our experienced staff pharmacists would love to help. Our community is just as important to us as we are to you, and supporting our immune systems and helping you prepare for ‘sick season’ is paramount.
Call, click or pay an in person visit to have our staff pharmacists help you start your plan for ‘sick season’ today! And remember…
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – Benjamin Franklin